05 April 2008

Signs of spring



Jer made this gorgeous, essence-of-spring soup: asparagus, potato and fresh herbs -- fennel, basil, dill and tarragon -- with a garnish of hard-cooked eggs and asparagus tips. The recipe is from the New England Soup Factory Cookbook via Lynne Rossetto Kasper's Splendid Table newsletter:



New socks! I bought this very fun three-pack of mix-and-matchers on my trip to Tillamook a couple of weeks ago. I can only wear two at a time, but I suppose that's the point. The third is also little doggies but in colors that match the striped one. I'm already compulsing about how to ensure that they all get worn and washed equally. Funny, considering that the image they're going for is spontaneous and devil-may-care:


Don't click to enlarge or you'll be able to discern my leg hairs. Spring hasn't advanced that far yet.

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

You are so lucky!! What soup goodness.