25 March 2009

Chef Jerub Presents


I'm lucky, I know, to live with a guy who loves to cook. At least two of my friends have offered to take him off my hands, for that reason alone, should I ever get tired of him. As if.

The meal above was chicken breasts with a fig and balsamic vinegar sauce, potato casserole with caramelized onions, and asparagus with a honey-mustard yogurt-based sauce. The one just below was Goan-style shrimp curry on basmati rice with a roasted vegetable salad.


Another dinner, below, was all about orange. Salmon with varicolored cherry tomatoes, pureed sweet potatoes, and carrot salad. The avocado garnish makes it pop, don'tcha think?


At least somebody in this family is expressing his artistic side. I think all of my creative energy is going into gardening at this point, or thoughts of spring. I'll have more to say about that. But first, dessert:

5 comments:

Gerrie said...

I fantasize about having someone around to cook for me, but at least he cleans up after me.

Jerry said...

This is really just a scheme on my part of avoid doing dishes. And since cooking is intrinsically fun, I have a win-win!

Jerry said...

... TO avoid doing dishes . . .

Anonymous said...

Does he hire out?? With Jerry cooking--who needs to go out!! And I would be happy to do dishes.
Beth :-)

Melani Gan said...

wau!